Swiss data protection law (DSG) applies. Specific reference is made to any additional applicable law from the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
When you visit our website www.arete-ethik.ch, information is temporarily stored in so-called log files on our server. This is information that the browser of your terminal device sends automatically, such as:
- IP address of the contacting device;
- Date and time;
- web browser and operating system used, and other device information;
- Language and version of the browser software;
- URL of the accessed page;
- Referrer URL;
- amount of personal data transferred in each case.
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Connection establishment of the website;
- Use of our website;
- Systemsicherheit und -stabilität.
The legal basis for data processing is Art. 6 para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO as well as 13 para. 1 DPA. We use the personal data collected automatically to fulfill the following purposes:
- enable the display, operation and functionality of the Portal;
- ensure the stability and security of the system;
- to improve and protect our services;
- for statistical purposes in the event of attacks on the network infrastructure on which the website is provided.
- Cookies use
Cookies are used on our website. Cookies are text files that are stored in the Internet browser or by the Internet browser on your computer system. If you access our website, a cookie may be stored on your operating system. Because of this cookie, your browser can be uniquely identified when you return to our website.
These cookies are used by us for a user-friendly design of our website. Some elements of our website require that your browser can be identified even after a page change. Thus, the following data are stored and transmitted in cookies:
- Language settings;
- Log-in information.
These cookies make it easier for you to use our website. Without the cookies, some functions of our website could not be offered, such as the adoption of language settings and the memorization of search terms. Our legitimate interest in processing your personal data also lies in these purposes. The user data collected by these cookies is not used to create user profiles.
- Personal data that you transmit to us
There is a contact form on our website that you can use to contact us electrically. If you use this option, the data you enter as well as the date and time of the request will be transmitted to us and stored. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
If you contact us via the e-mail address provided, the personal data transmitted with your e-mail will be stored. The data is used for processing the conversation and for evidence purposes. In diesen Zwecken liegt auch unser berechtigtes Interesse an der Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten. The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected.
Purpose of personal data processing and legal basis
Personal data may be processed if the data subject gives consent (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO and Art. 13 para. 1 DSG), the processing is justified by an overriding private or public interest (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e and f DSGVO as well as 13 para. 1 DSG) or by law (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c DSGVO as well as 13 para. 1 DSG). An overriding interest comes into consideration in particular if personal data is processed in direct connection with the conclusion or performance of a contract (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b DSGVO as well as 13 para. 2 lit. a DSG).
We process your personal data in order to conclude a contract with you and to provide our services to you in the best possible way, as well as to comply with legal obligations.
Duration of personal data storage
Your personal data will be stored as long as this is necessary to achieve their purposes. With regard to the legal obligations, reference is made in particular to the ten-year retention period for transactions carried out. Furthermore, your personal data will be retained if we have a legitimate interest in this regard, for example to enforce our rights.
III. Disclosure of data to third parties
Arete Ethik Invest AG may disclose your personal data to third parties, such as:
- Service providers who process personal data on behalf of and at the instruction of Arete Ethik Invest AG (so-called order processors, such as in the area of IT hosting and support);
- Service providers, other business partners and auxiliary persons (e.g. lawyers, trustees, suppliers, etc.);
- Payment service providers or credit institutions;
- Shipping company;
- Authorities, official agencies, courts or other state institutions;
- other parties in potential or actual legal proceedings.
The transfer to third parties is necessary to fulfill our services in the best possible way for you and is based on Art. 13 para. 1 DSG as well as Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f. GDPR.
There are also other conceivable cases in which your data is handed over to third parties in order to protect our legitimate interest or due to legal regulations. In any case, it is ensured that these third parties provide adequate data protection.
If your personal data is transferred by us abroad, we will ensure that an adequate level of data protection is guaranteed, especially if data is transferred to countries that do not guarantee an adequate level of protection.
- Protection of your personal data
Your personal data is protected by us against unauthorised processing through appropriate technical measures such as data security systems and data security mechanisms as well as appropriate organisational measures. Your personal data shall be protected in particular against the following risks:
- unauthorised or accidental destruction;
- accidental loss;
- technical errors;
- Forgery, theft or unlawful use;
- unauthorised modification, copying, access or other unauthorised editing.
You have the right:
- request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details (Art. 15 DSGVO). In the event of a disproportionately large expense, we reserve the right to request proof of identity from you and payment of the actual costs in advance;
- immediately request the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal data stored by us (Art. 16 DSGVO);
- request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Art. 17 DSGVO);
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO (Art. 18 DSGVO);
- To receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller (Art. 20 DSGVO);
- revoke your consent once given at any time. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future (Art. 7 (3) DSGVO);
- sich bei einer Aufsichtsbehörde (vgl. unten) zu beschweren (Art. 77 DSGVO).
If your personal data is collected on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO, insofar as there are grounds for doing so which arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by us without specifying a particular situation.
|Responsible||Arete Ethik Invest AG
|Supervisory authority||Federal Public Information and Data Protection Commissioner, FDPIC
Arete Ethik Invest AG, Talstrasse 58, 8001 Zurich, Switzerland
Zurich, 20 January 2021